Thursday, September 25, 2008

Still awaiting answer to my humble prayers . . .

Today, we find out if my 4th grade twins were finally able to break the shackles of their 2nd grade reading level. In my heart I know they already have, but I want to shout it from the rooftops, "Seeeeee! I told you so!" to all the teachers who send home after-school tutoring forms to be filled out and returned ASAP.

Yesterday, as soon as my twins walked in the door, I was all over them: How went the test? Was it hard? Did you know the answers? Yes, of course you can eat now, our 40 days and 40 nights of fasting is over.

"I think I scored an 8.0," said Garrett. He was totally serious. "At least I hope so because I really want that $1,000 you promised me if I scored an 8.0." (Did I say that?)

"Tell me tell me tell me all about it," I said.

"Well, it was scarey," he said. "My heart was pounding. Butterflies. I was really nervous . . . because I really want that $1,000." (I know I didn't say that!)

I just want a 4.0! Is that so wrong? I confess I did promise them $20 if they tested on a 4th grade level.

(But hey, if they can read at an 8th grade level, a dirt bike is not out of the question).

No comments: